This 1 ½ day introductory course to project management in the aerospace industry will be comprised of three modules. The first module will provide a general overview about project management processes from project initialization phase to the closing phase of a project. It will define the framework and let the attendee understand how the processes shall be tailored to his or her unique organization. The second module will provide case studies and examples that will explain in detail why some projects are successful while others are set for failure right at the start. It will support the findings with a root cause analysis to allow the attendee to understand where in the process the issue could have been detected, mitigated, or eliminated. The importance of the often-overlooked knowledge area of risk management will be explored in detail. The third module will investigate the present and future of the fast-changing world of project management. It will explore emerging trends and predict how the project manager will have to adjust and stay up to speed.
On completion of this course, attendees will:
- Identify the elements of the PM life cycle, including plan, execution, control, and closure
- Review the established processes and procedures
- Establish the project-selection method and create a business-case cost-benefit analysis
- Identify and understand possible risks of any project in the early planning stage
- Describe the career paths in the PM profession in the aerospace industry
- Analyze future projects in the space business and how they may have an impact on human civilization
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must log on each day and be in attendance for the entirety of the course
Power Point presentations and open discussion will be used.
Tuesday, October 25, 2022 : Central Time
8:45 – 9:00 a.m. :: Log In and Welcome
12:00 – 12:55 p.m. :: Lunch Break
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. :: Course Timing
Foundations of Project Management
- Definition of a project
- What is project and what is not
- Understand the project management processes & procedures
- Common tools and techniques used to support processes
- Project charter
- Business-case cost-benefit analysis
- Project costs
- Budgeting and cost control using earned value management
- Risk management
- Identifying and quantifying risks
- Creating a risk-response
- Planning, monitoring and controlling risks
- Organizational behavior and projects within different business structures
Real World Projects
- Case study I – why did this project fail (Berlin Airport)
- Case study II – failed NASA projects
- Exercise: Create project charter based on a specific idea
- Exercise: Create project management plan, WBS
- Human resource management
- Project flow and execution, reality versus theory
Wednesday, October 26, 2022 : Central Time
8:45 – 9:00 a.m. :: Log In
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. :: Course Timing
Present and Future of Project Management
- Artemis moon landing and beyond project
- Privateers versus governments within the space industry
- SpaceX colonization of Mars
- Jobs in the space industry
- Current and future developments within the project management
Aerospace Program Manager at EnerSys
Internationally experienced project manager. Successfully executed more than 40 projects on four continents within the last two decades.
Born in former Yugoslavia, Bojan grew up and received his mechanical engineering degree in Austria. He was part of six multibillion-dollar projects within the steel industry in the last nine years in different states of the USA and South America. He owns Project Management and Risk Management Professional certifications from PMI and blackbelt certification in Lean Six Sigma. Besides his full-time job as a program manager in the space industry, Bojan is currently pursuing his MBA degree in Strategic Marketing Management.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: After November 30 you will not be able to join a Teams meeting using Internet Explorer 11. Microsoft recommends downloading and installing the Teams app if possible. You may also use the Edge browser or Chrome.
- You will receive a meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting.
- Separate meeting invitations will be sent for the morning and afternoon sessions of the course.
- You will need to join the appropriate meeting at the appropriate time.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
Please Note: This event is being conducted entirely online. All attendees will connect and attend from their computer, one connection per purchase. For details please see our FAQ
If you are unable to attend at the scheduled date and time, we make recordings available to all registrants for three business days after the event
REGISTER NOW FOR THIS EVENT:
Aerospace Project Management
October 25-26, 2022 | Online
|Individual attendee(s) - $ 995.00 each|
Volume pricing also available
Individual attendee tickets can be mixed with ticket packs for complete flexibility
|Pack of 5 attendees - $ 3,980.00 (20% discount)|
|Pack of 10 attendees - $ 6,965.00 (30% discount)|
|Pack of 20 attendees - $ 11,940.00 (40% discount)|
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before September 16, 2022 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other LRA event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, LRAs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 720-617-1319